Monday, March 31, 2008

Bitter Sweet Opening Day


Today is the 50th anniversary season opening day for the Dodgers and I'm not there. SAD. VERY SAD. Dale couldn't go and I really didn't want to go without him. So I'm leaving work in a few minutes to go home and watch the game (I tivoed it). This is one of my favorite days of the whole year - I love baseball season and watching the Dodgers although after a retched spring training I'm not too optimistic. But miracles can happen - go Doyers! (that was for you Rynk).

PS - 5 days to NYC

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so sorry...what a bad friend I am.
It was weird going (but not as horrible as I thought it would be). Obviously, I would have preferred (and absolutely loved) to have you go(rather than the alternative :[) and I pushed hard for it, but she just wouldn't budge. I know that doesn't make up for it...but know that I was thinking about you and missing you!

jibby said...

Thanks Ange! I love you!
I have no resentment - I'm glad to got to be there. :)

jibby said...

I'm lame - meant to say - I'm glad you got to be there. uggghhh. You got to go to the game - I get to go to New York - it's all good.

Angie said...

Hmmm, when you put it that way, I wish we could have traded!!

Hope you have a wonderful time in New York! I'm very jealous!!

Black English said...

you do know the Angels own SoCal, right???? Go Halos!!!!