Saturday, December 27, 2008

Advantages to Stormy weather


We don't get much stormy weather in Southern California so when it happens we get stupidly excited. Christmas night I was driving home late from the movies with Di & Matt  and it was 36 degrees outside - we were excited. Cold but excited. 
Then yesterday was one of the prettiest days I've ever seen (at my parents house). They live so close to the mountains but can rarely see them as clear as yesterday. 
I started to compare the stormy weather with my own life. It reminded me that when God allows stormy weather in our lives - it's dark for a while but it always gives way to a clearer view of all the beautiful things He's blessed us with. I'm looking forward to the view on the other side.

1 comment:

Brian said...

It is cool to see other youth workers out there blogging.

"The refiner is never very far from the mouth of the furnace when his gold is in the fire." Charles Spurgeon

grace and peace,
Brian
downpour-me.blogspot