Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I broke the silence . . .

Life has been crazy the past two months to say the least. I no longer work at South Shores Church - I was laid off last month (most of you know that). I feel like I've been on a roller coaster of emotions from hurt and disappointment in leaving my friends, church family, and most of the all the amazing students I worked with, to relief from stress involving the possible lay off and no longer feeling trapped. Freedom has new meaning to me (every girls retreat theme has been a bit prophetic in my life). So I'm searching for a new job - which is no easy task in this economy. I've resigned myself to finding employment out of church ministry for a while, at least until the economy bounces back a bit. I refuse to take a sub par ministry job just to stay in ministry. God can use me wherever I end up. 
On another front - I have a rat reeking havoc in my life. We've trapped him in the walls of my house, however, he keeps finding his way into my space. This is a problem on many levels. One - he keeps pooping on all my blankets (this grosses me out more than you know). Two - he's chewed holes in a cashmere sweater, a silk sweater, and several pairs of my underwear. Three - I can't sleep knowing he's on the loose. I go to extreme measures to make sure he can't get into my room. We've set traps everywhere and he doesn't touch them. I hate being outsmarted by a rat, especially one with expensive taste. Ughhhhhh

2 comments:

BrittanyGirdley said...

Love you love you love you, miss you!

jibby said...

love you too Britt! It's been so long ... so very long!