Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pondo 3.3 (week 3 day 3)



Yesterday was one of the toughest days of my life - I am being challenged in ways I never thought I would be.
Looking back on it with a days perspective I feel wiser and stronger having been pushed outside my comfort zone.
Setting up for afternoon rec was complete chaos. Trying to figure out the best way to set up the relay and water kickball was a challenge in itself but add to that the pressure of organizing 100 kids and leaders who are screaming at the top of their lungs for their team. (Jasen and Amanda - you are probably laughing at me right now).
It was nuts - but it worked out and today was soooooooo much easier.
I had to work the top of the zipline last night which scared me to death (the fear of letting go of a kid and having them fall off the platform). But it was really fun and I get to work it again tomorrow night.
This week has been so draining emotionally and physically but God is so good and is blessing me so much.
Aaron, Ange and I went to sushi tonight for Ange's birthday (I have wednesday nights off after dinner).
It was so great to eat good food and have great conversation.
Happy Birthday to Ange and Joy!
I will post more pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

ashdown said...

more pictures YES!! oh man - it is killing us hearing about everything - we want to be there SO BAD!! glad to hear you are figuring it out! have fun today!