Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 2

Week 1 - we basically just cleaned stuff, set up camp, and got to know each other.
It was a lot of work - the first day I mowed the entire grass field! (okay - it was a john deere and kind of fun but still wore me out).
Week 2 - this week we are working with our program team and planning games, decorating the tent, and getting ready for our first week with students - next week - crazy!
Tonight Ange and I went to Arrowhead and had dinner it was gooooood and healthy - I'm rotting from all the delicious camp food.
These past two weeks have been such a blessing - it's so refreshing to be in a new place, working with people I don't know and figuring out how to do camp together. The best part has been the conversations with people - getting to know them and how God is working in their lives. I'm learning so much.
I can't wait for next week!
please keep praying for me and my time here!

10 comments:

Britt said...

Yeay first week! And to think, you've done so many camps there! Different now huh?! :)
Miss you! Prayers your way!
Much Love,
Britt

Dawn Sin said...

Hey Jolinda,
What a neat way for us to keep in touch during your summer adventure!! Praying for God to refresh your spirit during your time on the mountain!
God Bless!!
DAWN SIN

Hannah Banana said...

Was there a beach there? Did you swim in it?
from:
Hannah
(your niece)

Hannah Banana said...

was there a pool there did you go in it.


from,
Julia
(your niece)

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jibby said...

Hannah - I left the beach to come here - there's no beach - but Julia - there is a pool - but I haven't been in it yet. Angie goes in it everyday - she's a lifeguard. I love you both.
Auntie

jclover15 said...

Hey JO,

It's Kaie or in the world of blogging jclover15. Well it has been like two weeks and i miss you like crazy. Well these campers are so blessed to have someone so amazing as you be their leader. I know that you wll do amazing things with them. I love you
Katie

Eric Wakeling said...

I hope you're having fun and enjoying your "sabbatical." I love that you are a blogger now.

Unknown said...

Hi Jo,
Love the weekly updates! I can't believe they've got you on a John Deere. Git-r-done!
Love and miss you much,
Kristy

Unknown said...

Hi Jo-Jo,
It's Kallista. I was so happy to see you at church today. I love you a lot. I can't wait to see you again. Have fun with the kids at camp this week.
Love,
Kallista