Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my day at the park

I decided I needed a day alone with God after a tiring and draining weekend at camp. So I walked to Pines Park which is about a mile from my house and spent the afternoon reading my Bible, talking to God, listening to God, watching squirels play, and enjoying the amazing place in which I live. There's just something about seeing, hearing, smelling the ocean that is nessessary and healing. I began to think about how blessed I've been to live where I live for the past 2 years - where I am in walking distance from the ocean and how much I take that for granted. I know I won't live on Gomez forever in fact my time there is drawing to a close and that thought made my day at the park priceless. I watched a little boy and his father play in the waves - as each set came in the boy would run from the crashing waves but the father never let go of his son's hand. At one point, he had a hold of both hands and swung his little boy around and around just like I remember doing as a kid. It struck me how that picture related to my life and my fear of what's to come in the next year. I was blown away by this simple illustration of a child's need to hold on to the father's hand. Trusting God is so hard for me and that lesson was much needed. Thanks God for the lesson and for hanging out with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should not put pictures like that on your blog! talk to you soon.

jeff

Anonymous said...

Atta girl Jo! We need to love where we are here and now today because that's all we got. God is truly blessing you.

-Dave