Friday, February 22, 2008

Plan Progress and random thoughts . . .


I hit the 10 pound mark this morning - it's coming off slow but at least it's coming off.
Random thought: Any Trader Joe's shoppers out there? Are you one of the freaky environmentalist TJ shoppers that brings their own cloth bags? Well I made an observation this week while shopping there. In the parking lot I watched two different people - with cloth bags I might add - that plopped their shopping carts on an island instead of walking the extra 2o feet or so to put them in their place. They care about the environment but lack common courtesy? Then once inside - I observed several people pass up a slow older woman who obviously needed help reaching the salad dressing. One man shoved my cart aside so he could get the very yogurt that I was picking up - rude. This is puzzling to me - but then again it was the Trader Joe's at Ocean Ranch so I shouldn't be too shocked. Doesn't say much for place I choose to live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.
The week we moved to RSM (and had just had a Trader Joe's Conversation with you,) I went to Trader Joe's to get an easy dinner for tired Brice and me.
The clerk was so nice! We got into a whole conversation about moving, and RSM's amenities.

Moral of story: Move to RSM
:))))))))
~Britt

Melissa Brosch said...

I will most definitely not use a cloth bag. I LOVE brown paper bags with handles, and Trader Joe's has the best ones! I use them for everything. And i think i might be one of those jerks that would steal your yogurt (i think TJ's yogurt can solve all of my health problems)

Moral of the story...I'm a heartless jerk who ruins the environments and steals people's yogurt.