Sunday, August 26, 2007

Costa Rica (the real deal)

Ok - I'm sitting at my desk at church for the first time in 3 months - weird.
Here's the official Costa Rica replay.
First things first - it's really hot and stupid humid - wow! But absolutely beautiful. I am now convinced that no other resort holds a candle to the four seasons. It was the most amazing experience of luxury - I am so blessed (spoiled-whatever). This is a shot of the jungle with our suite in the middle of it.

We had our own covered patio, table and lounge chairs - we could see and hear monkeys and racoons. (the monkeys sound like bears by the way.)
On the way from the airport to the hotel a computer came flying out of the overhead and hit me in the head which caused a slight concusion and made me nauseaed for a few days but I'm okay now.
The days were mostly sunny with thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. It was nice to see rain after the dry winter we just had. My favorite parts of the trip were sitting by the pool, the massage I got at the spa, and of course the zipline (Aaron - yours is way better):)
It was an amazing trip - lots of fun!
I miss Pondo (still can't talk about it).







The last picture is of a Rodeo we went to - interesting stuff.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Thanks for posting pics. I'm blogging again, by the way. Glad you're back.

ashdown said...

NICE PICS!! you are part of the family now...sorry...

Melissa Brosch said...

Did your family trade in Hawaii for Costa Rica? I can't picture you going down a zip line in the middle of the jungle that contains some of the most horrendous(sp?) bugs known to man! The cockroaches there are the size of chihuahuas.

Eric Wakeling said...

WOW!! That looks amazing!