Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Love Biola . . . hate my birthday!


My friend Melissa and I taught a Talbot class for Dave on Monday at Biola - which was awkward but good for both of us - I think. It was fun to hang out with Melissa anyway. Jewel (one of my senior girls) came along with me to check out Biola (she loved it!). It was a good time hanging out with Jewel as well.

I love Biola! and this is why - Biola's annual Christmas tree lighting (which was supposed to be on friday - but it rained) was postponed to Monday night and just happened to be right after class and a fun dinner at the Eagle's Nest. I was so excited! The tree lighting is one of my favorite Biola traditions and not only did I get to be a part of it but Jewel did too. (Melissa was there too - but she mostly just made fun of it - she's an APU nerd). They have a very cool ceremony with children singing and they give everyone candles to hold - It was beautiful and Christmasy (I know that's not a word). I loved it. There was free hot chocolate too - but I burned my tongue : ( This isn't the best picture - I was super close - sorry.
My birthday was yesterday - I hate getting older! Enough said.

2 comments:

Black English said...

Does she have any babies yet??? What's up sucka!!!

Melissa Brosch said...

hey now...I didn't completely make fun of the tree lighting ceremony. I liked the little girl who was smarter than me. And like most people, I almost fainted when I heard Barry Corey speak. (give me a minute to catch my breath...whew!)

And I LOVED hanging out with you. And I don't believe we're getting older, so put a smile on your face. I think you look better than EVER!