Thursday, January 17, 2008

A life lost and gained

I've been riding a roller coaster of emotions this week. Yesterday I went to a funeral for a student I had at Temple City. It was super sad to say goodbye to a great 22 year-old kid who just couldn't stay clean. It never gets any easier as a youth pastor to loose kids. It made me feel helpless - like no matter what I do for them - it's not enough. It was nice however, to hear all the good things about Michael - the fun memories his friends and family have of him. It was also so great to see my old jr. high students grown up and for lack of a better word ALIVE!

Today - Mark and Anne had their 3rd baby! So I went from a death to birth in 24 hours - crazy. Her name is Maddy Jo and she's beautiful. Congrats Mark and Anne on yet another beautiful little girl (they have 3).
It's definately a choice everyday to say blessed be His name - even in the face of tragedy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog. Good words. Wednesday was a big crap load of emotions. Still recovering here...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! :)
~Britt

dawnielle said...

I love that she has "Jo" in her name- what an honor! I love that you have a blog- I will keep checking in here :-)