Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Moments of Joy, Silliness & Sentiment


Moments of Silliness and Sentiment . . .
I helped my friend Brady pack up his house yesterday . . . he's moving to Florida - which makes me sad - I hate losing friends to proximity. However, I am excited for him to start fresh in a new place and watch God use him in big ways. Sean and Slugger (Brady's nephews) and Daniel helped too. I came to this realization - when you're the only girl in group of silly boys it can be a bit frightening. I felt like I had been dropped on the island of The Lord of the Flies. I had a good time - mostly watching them be silly. They had fun scaring me out of my skin (thanks Tarko) and tricking me into saying things I didn't mean. I admired the ring on Brady's finger and he took it off and gave it too me (which by the way says so much about him). However, it's a wooden ring and it now has a crack in it. I'm wondering if the crack was there before or if it misses Brady and doesn't like taking up residence on my finger. hmmmmm . . .

Moments of Joy . . .
I weighed in this morning and I'm down 6 pounds in the first week (could have something to do with not eating dinner last night) but regardless my body likes the plan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, so Team "Anoy" (me&Joy!)is weighing in at -11 pounds!! We started a revised version of "The Plan", and from last Sun-today, she lost 6lbs and I'm down 5lbs! The game is on!

jibby said...

holy crap that's awesome!
You just made me step it up a notch!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!