Monday, July 30, 2007

Dinner for 6 (well 7 including me)

Eric this is for you pal!
So on Eric's blog he created a dinner party for 6 (hypothetical) including the 6 people dead or alive that he would like to invite.
Here is my list . . .
Disclaimer - This isn't a perfectly thought out list - I have very little time so it's a list I spent a few minutes thinking about.

1. Jesus
Eric didn't include Jesus because he said He was a given. I disagree - but then again I'm more spiritual than Eric.
2. Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.
Besides being extremely good looking he is the funniest guy ever and he can sing. Oh yeah and he can white boy rap which is huge in my book.
3. St. Francis of Assisi
I read Chasing Francis this year and really connected with his perspectives on God and life and would love to sit and talk with him more.
4. Nomar Garciaparra
Everybody knows I'm a Dodger fan and while Nomar isn't my top favorite, he is an interesting guy, a great athlete and he'd probably bring his wife who happens to be the greatest female soccer player of all time (Mia Hamm).

5. Donald Miller
I love his bold take on Faith and I know he would shake things up a bit.
6. Kelly Ripa
She's hilarious, she would probably bring her hot husband (Mark Consuelos) and hey we need more girls at this party. : )


Okay so there's the list - it's missing a political figure but the only person I would really like to have there would be JFK and it's not for his political views - I just really want to know if his death was a conspiracy.

Thoughts anyone?

5 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

Nice list. thank you. I am now less bitter.

ashdown said...

your list is better. you have pictures!
see you next week!!

jibby said...

Thanks J
I needed that.
I can't wait to see you and Amanda

Melissa Brosch said...

Props on inviting Kelly Ripa. If I was going to make a list she might be on it.

Side note - I am feeling nostalgic looking up at the comment list and seeing Eric, Jason, you and me. Good times. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "mention" and the invite - even if it was just because I live at the house ;) oh - and I agree with Melissa - I think Kelly would be hilairous at a dinner party.
-Tanya