Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pondo 6.1 (almost)

I can't believe I've been here for five weeks - it hardly seems possible.
I'm getting better at driving the mountain roads and having a lot of fun doing it.
It's Sunday night and I am gearing up for another week - this one is high school and Kassie is coming - yeah - I can't wait to see her.
A couple of observations . . .

First, my favorite time of each week is Thursday night (it's bitter sweet because another week done means I'm that much closer to leaving for good). I do the zipline on Thursday night with Angie and then we put out fires and head to the tent for team scores, the video, and to hand out championship shirts. I leave towards the end of the video to walk up the lodge to pass out pizza. That walk from the tent to the lodge across the grass field underneath the starry sky is my favorite. It's quiet and chilly and so peaceful - maybe because the week is almost done and I can be thankful for how much God has blessed me. I don't know but it's those walks that I will remember long after I'm gone.

Second, Friday morning we meet to talk about the week and share stories. We also play "Spin the Bottle" only we hug instead of kissing (obviously). It was a really hot week and some of us were really sweaty. A lot of sweat swapping going on at Pondo this week. Sick.



That's it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo,

Sure do love reading the weekly updates from you. It's great to connect with you and find out what you're up to. Looking forward to seeing you next week. I miss you lots, but I'm so happy you're having such a good time and that you didn't pass up on this amazing opportunity. I love you! --Kristy

Anonymous said...

JOLINDA
Hahaha. Ew sweat swaping, you told me about that. Well im sad devin and i didnt get to come up with you but we still realy want to so we will talk to you about that later.
well i luv ya and i miss ya
<3 Jewel

P.S.
Devin and i just finished Jarbie Jo and shes amazing haha.

jibby said...

Yeah! Jarbie - I'm so excited to see her - take lots of pics for me. I wish you were hear too! I can't wait till you come up and see me.
I love you both!